Click here to view the JOCK Just Nuisance Dog Walk Rules and Competition Terms and Conditions
Dog Walk Rules and Competition Terms and Conditions
- Event Information
JOCK Just Nuisance Dog Walk is taking place in Simons Town on 1 April 2018. This is an annual event taking place in Simons Town, celebrating the birthday of the legendary great Dane called Just Nuisance. JOCK Dog Food a brand of AFGRI Animal Feeds a division of Philafrica Foods Proprietary Limited a member of the AFGRI Group of Companies is the main sponsor of this year’s event. This is a family fun dog walk with an estimated route of 1.5km set out in Simons Town.
- Sponsor’s Rights
JOCK Dog Food reserves the right to refuse entrant(s) from participating in the event should their dog(s) be considered unsuitable (ill, aggressive, unruly) and to ask any participant(s) and their dog(s) to leave the dog walk event if any inappropriate behaviour is displayed. JOCK Dog Food also reserves the right to refuse any unaccompanied minors from participating in the event.
All Entrants (above the age of 18 years) upon completing their personal details will receive various marketing and promotional communications from JOCK Dog Food. Entrants will be provided with opportunities to “Opt Out” of receiving such communications, which may be via the relevant medium that such marketing communication was received from.
- Event Time
The JOCK DOG walk Event commences at 11h00.
- Event Entry/Registration
- Entry for participating in the dog walk is free of charge.
- Registration on the day starts at 9h30. Each entrant will receive a numbered wrist band that corresponds with their entry form.
- Only one registration per entrant (a natural person) is allowed, multiple dogs per entrant are allowed. Free goodie bag received at registration is limited to the first 400 entrants.
- Entrants younger than 18 years must be assisted by an appointed guardian.
- The Competition
Win cash, JOCK Dog Food and JOCK branded Sports Bags at the JOCK Just Nuisance Dog Walk event (“the Competition”). This Competition is organized by JOCK Dog Food a brand of AFGRI Animal Feeds a division of Philafrica Foods Proprietary Limited, a member of the AFGRI Group (hereafter “Jock Dog Food”).
Any persons entering or participating in this Competition (“Participant”) agrees that by entering he/she has had an opportunity to read through and consider these Terms and Conditions and accepts these Terms and Conditions to be binding on them.
- Who May Enter
- To be eligible to enter for the competition, a Participant must:
- be a natural person;
- take part in the dog walk event and complete your personal details on the entry form;
- be 18 years or older or if younger than 18 years be assisted by an appointed guardian;
- Participants disqualified from entering are any employees, directors, members, partners, consultants and agents of JOCK Dog Food or any other person who, directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by JOCK Dog Food or any Supplier/s of goods and or services in terms of this Competition including marketing service providers, promotional partners, printers, advertising and promotional agencies, professional advisors and point of sale staff employed by or contracted to, or providing goods or services of any kind (together with the spouses, life partners, immediate family members or business partners of the people or entities listed above).
- How to Enter
- Register for the dog walk as set out in clause 4 above. The participants need to enter their details on the event registration entry form provided and this will automatically serve as their entry into the Competition.
- Entries which are unclear, illegible or contain errors will be declared invalid.
- The Prizes
The Prizes to be won:
- Lucky Draw. Prize: R1500 cash card, a bag of JOCK Dog Food & a JOCK branded Sports Bag.
- Dog-Owner Look-a-Like: Prize R1500 cash card, a bag of JOCK Dog Food & a JOCK branded Sports Bag.
- Best-dressed Dog: Prize R1500 cash card, a bag of JOCK Dog Food & a JOCK branded Sports Bag.
8.2 The Lucky draw together with the prizes for best dressed dog and Dog-Owner Look-a-Like will be announced after the dog walk at the Jubilee Square in Simons Town.
8.3 In the event that the prize winners are not present at the time of announcement, the prize will be forfeited and JOCK Dog Food reserves the right to draw another name in substitution or select other winners for the prize. The names of the prize winners will also be published on JOCK Dog Food website as well as social media pages and potential PR platforms.
9.1 No portion of the Prizes can be amended, transferred, cancelled and will not be exchangeable for another Prizes or cash and cannot be sold.
- The Judges draw results to determine the winner as well as the Judges’ decisions regarding the winners of the best dressed dog and dog-owner look-a-like are final and no correspondence with participants will be entered into.
9.3 JOCK Dog Food, its respective directors, affiliates, members, partners, employees, agents, consultants, suppliers, contractors, subsidiaries and sponsors assume no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss or damage, including but not limited to physical harm or death or damage to property, howsoever arising from or as a result of participants’ participation in the Competition or the participants’ redemption of any Prizes in terms of this Competition, or from any amendments to Prizes details and/or the terms and conditions of this Competition. All participation (including the winner) hereby expressly indemnify JOCK Dog Food in this regard and shall hold it harmless from all and any claims arising from or as a result of the above reasons.
9.4 JOCK Dog Food reserves the right to withhold the Prizes until it is entirely satisfied that the claimants of the Prizes are the bona fide winners, and reserves the right to call for such proof as it may deem necessary.
9.5. JOCK Dog Food shall request the winners’ consent (if the winners are under the age of 18, the consent of their legal guardian) in writing to have their name, image and likeness used and published by JOCK Dog Food in connection with this competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after they are announced as winners. Winners may decline the use of their name, likeness and image by JOCK Dog Food.
9.6 All Participants (above the age of 18 years) will receive various marketing and promotional material from JOCK Dog Food. Participants will be provided with an opportunity to “Opt Out” of receiving such communications, which may be via the relevant medium that such marketing communication was received.
AFGRI Animal Feeds contact details for any queries: Tel: 082 606 0577
*Images courtesy of the collection of the Simon’s Town Museum.